Friday, January 6, 2012

My wife always says I get all the cool expensive toys!


Our friends Mark and Jan were kind enough to write an RS1000 review for us. They have been proud owners of an RS1000 since 2009. They have the hydraulics, material bucket and backhoe. Here are a couple of quotes from their letter.

"If you are considering a small powerhouse to help around the farm the RS1000 w/heavy duty material bucket and backhoe are a good investment. Whenever I need some moving power I go get my RS1000."

"I have been using my RS1000 for about 1 1/2 years. During this time I have put the RS1000 through the paces."

"The material bucket has 6 settings. Each has a different function. One is best for hauling gravel while the complete opposite seting is better for scraping or digging. The hydraulics are pretty stong too. Recently I had some railroad ties I needed to move. These were tightly staked into the ground and was actually 2 ties staked together. Very heavy. I placed the front of the material bucket edge and got in under an edge of the tie and lifted as high as the bucket could go. I did the same on the other side and soon I was able to push them. Just a few days ago we got 4 inches of snow. I got out my dozer and using the material bucket cleared our lane. I have grouser plates which gave me great traction. The material bucket is great if the front of the tractor needs to be raised."

"The backhoe is powerful but keep in mind it is still small so it can't take as big a bite as the big boys. The actual bucket hydraulics seem to have more power than the dipper. I dug a trench in my sister-in-laws yard to help with the flow of water coming off the neighbor's yard. It is working great and I was glad to be her hero."

"Recently I had to clean up an area on my property where I had torn down a shed. There were nails and glass all over the place. Since I didn't have to worry about nail puntures in my tires I was able to successfully clean up the area using my material bucket."

"I have recently drug an old John Deere 3 under plow that had been in the weeds for many years. I had tried to move it before with just my muscle but couldn't budge it. I hooked my chain on to it, and using my hydraulics was able to lift the nose of it off the ground about 3 inches. I pulled the plow up to the area I had just cleaned which was up a hill. No problem."

"Maintenance on the RS1000 is not just easy it is kinda fun. I have no technical skills but I was able to change out the belts, take the tracks off and clean them, lube all the zerks and put it all back together. The manual that comes with the RS1000 is very good. If you still have problems you can call Warren (the expert) and he will give you his years of experience. (Be warned, he is a bit high strung)."

"The Struck Corporation stands behind their product and has bent over backwards, and did some flips too, just to make sure I was totally happy with my tractor. I would recommend a Struck crawler to everyone that has land to use it on."

"My wife always says I get all the cool toys. I tell her they are tools, but of course I can't argure as the RS1000 is fun to drive and yet accomplishes things around the farm." -- Mark, MO

Thanks for the great comments and reviews! Want to send us picutres, comments and reviews of your MAGNATRAC story? Email us at info@struckcorp.com .